How would you like to win a copy of a super-fun, kid-friendly cookbook and nutrition guide? Earlier this week I posted a review of Eat Like A Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids written by The Paleo Parents. The book contains more then 100 kid-approved recipes and projects free of grain, dairy, and legumes, eye appealing illustrations, photographs, and stories that educate and inspire. Matt and Stacy and their three kids experienced phenomenal improvements in health after adopting a paleo diet. You can read my review of their book here.
Photo credit: Rachel Albert Copyright 2012©
This big kid (me) really enjoyed reading the book and trying recipes. So even if you don’t have kids or grand kids, you’ll find delicious, easy to make recipes made from fresh, wholesome real foods here, along with tips for procuring more fresh, organic, and locally sourced foods and presenting it in a fun way. I included their Chicken Nugget recipe in a Baking with Almond Flour class last night at Desert Botanical Garden and my students and assistants loved it. I plan to make more of their recipes. To read more about the book, click here.
Here’s how you can enter for a chance (or many chances) to win this book. Make as many comments to enter as you like AND be sure to post a separate comment for each of the actions you take. Each one will then count as a separate entry.
Rules for entering
1) Leave a comment below telling me why you want to win Eat Like A Dinosaur and about one of your funniest kid-food stories.
To receive bonus entries, spread the word about this blog and this giveaway: (select as many actions as you like):
2) Watch one of my YouTube videos and leave a comment about it below
3) Subscribe to my YouTube page and leave a comment about that below
4) Subscribe to my blog ( link on upper left side of this page) and leave a comment telling me you subscribed
5) Follow me/my Healthy Cooking Coach page on Facebook
6) Publicize the giveaway, then leave a comment about what you did, e.g.,
a) Tweet about the giveaway with a link to my blog
b) blog about the giveaway and leave the link
c) announce the giveaway on Facebook and send me a link
d) mention the giveaway to your family and friends
e) come up with your own creative idea
7) do any or all of the above; post a separate comment for each action
Deadline: Midnight, Wednesday, May 16th, 2012.
Selection criteria: Random drawing
Limitations: Drawing open only to US residents due to shipping restrictions.
To order the book right now, if you can’t wait, click here or use the icon below.
Special thanks go out to the staff at Victory Belt Publishing for donating this and other cookbooks for review and giveaway on my blog. They have an extensive lineup of books that focus on gluten free, grain free, legume free, paleo, primal, and natural foods cooking, nutrition, and health.
Fools Gold (Chicken Nuggets)
Prep: about 30 minutes Cooking: 15 to 20 minutes Serves: 4
"One of the things our boys always want and miss is chicken nuggets. We went into our kitchen laboratory and came up with this fun way to make chicken nuggets with healthy ingredients so that their daydreams about nuggets could some true.
"We like to keep a cooked batch in the freezer so that Uncle Andrew has something easy to heat up for the bodys when he babysits. We love these with our Southwestern Pineapple Salsa (page 149" of Eat Like A Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids written by the Paleo Parents).
Photo credit: Rachel Albert Copyright 2012©
3 chicken breasts, deboned and skinned (I use 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken)
2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
2 teaspoons finely ground unrefined sea salt
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup olive oil (Note: I found 1/2 cup oil worked well; I also replace olive oil with avocado oil, which has a higher smoke point and is therfore more stable in cooking at the required temp)
1. Cut chicken into 1-inch by 1-inch chunks.
2. Mix flour, arrowroot powder, and spices together in bowl with a fork or whisk.
3. Pour olive oil into a separate bowl.
4. Dip each chicken piece in the oil and then roll in the flour mixture.
5. Place nuggets on baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees, flipping halfway through.
6. When done, the crust will be golden brown and juices will run clear (same color inside and out).
Source: Eat Like A Dinosaur: Recipe & Guidebook for Gluten-Free Kids written by The
Paleo Parents (Victory Belt Publishing, 2012). Reprinted with permission from the publisher.